Followers

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Things I've Learned Somewhere Along the Way

Hey, 2 weeks in a row I'm getting my list up on the right day. Ha!
1. Tynny sounds like a moose mating call or some kind of wounded farm animal when he falls asleep while in voice chat and snores directly into the mic. (Sorry Tynny, but ya do ... I'm sure I'm not much better, if that's any consolation).

2. Even though I used to be able to run for weeks on 3 hours of sleep, I can no longer stay up all night and expect to be functioning at any level higher than "zombie" (or 'mombie' as I call it). I function more at the level of "plant life."

3. "I'm living the dream, mom," is loosely translated as "I'm cleaning this stupid room, mother, and I would appreciate it if you wouldn't come and ask what I'm doing, and check on my progress every 15 minutes, even though it's taken 10 months for me to get this room clean. I know that you have some aversion to rooms being so messy that you can't see the floor and can no longer remember what color the carpet is, but seriously, go away."

4. My daughter will do ANYTHING to keep from cleaning her play room, including but not limited to cleaning her bedroom, the living room, dining room, storage room, bathroom, scrubbing the kitchen floor on her hands and knees, coughing and looking pitiful, like she may die any second, and requesting to go to bed early.

5. Nyxie is a total spaz sometimes and will have to stop herself from saying "Oh crap, I think I left my cell phone at home," ....while she's talking to me

6. ... on her cell phone.

7. Carrying my cell phone with me will not make the land-line phone that I'm talking on magically work like a cell phone once I've left the house.

8. Even if I was winning, having my daughter say, "Well MOM, you can put your boots in the oven but that don't make 'em biscuits," ends the argument.

9. A rather emphatic reply of, "Yes, I do!!" to someone yelling "YOU just need to shut up NOW," at me .. confuses them and renders them speechless.

10. The same reaction is achieved by replying to "Grow up!" with "I will NOT grow up .. and not only that, but I am going to regress!" and then blowing a raspberry at them. *grins*

5 comments:

Zani said...

Hey! Parts of this sound so familiar to me.. cannot begin to figure out why. lol

*blows raspberries*

Love you!

*smooches*

Divine Chaos said...

I can't imagine why it would be familiar! *grins* we have the bestest conversations, don't we? :p

love you!

Lula! said...

OK, I love the "boots in the oven" reference. I'm going to remember that one.

You've learned a lot along the way...write more, write more! It's good stuff!

Alice said...

Since mine are young.. they are not that creative yet... my daughter is three and holds my mouth closed and tells me to "zip" it

Jen said...

now, those are some good things to learn. I think I learned a thing or 2.