Followers

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Dear SL

It's your birthday today, the big 38! I just wanted to say happy birthday and send you a hug ... and remind you that you have exactly 1 month until my birthday .. yanno, just in case you forgot. :-) I bet you thought I'd miss it ... again. HA! I even remembered on your birthday this year! I know you're proud beyond belief.

I miss hanging with ya, yapping on the phone til all hours, going out clubbing and doing all that stuff that bestest buds do. Remember that time (ya know, all the different times) that I broke my toe and still went out dancing and you asked the DJ if he had a crooked song to play for your gimpy friend, 'cause I'd be dancin' crooked anyway? Teehee ... yeah, broke that sucker again this morning. I'm surprised it hasn't just fallen off yet. Maybe Dorky can come up with a gimpy song for me if I ever make it out to the club. You know, he's whining at me to come out .. again .. and my "It's Far" argument no longer works now that he's moved it. ;-) you'd have never let me get away with that either, I'd have had to barricade the door if I said it was too far and I was staying home.

Oh hey, I saw that baby of yours a little while back. She's growing up so fast, isn't she? I hadn't seen her in ages, but there's no way that I couldn't know who she belongs to. Such a beautiful girl .. looks just like her mama at that age .. back when we were the senior class. =) We had a great time, didn't we? I look back and wish to have those days back every once in a great while ... in moments of temporary insanity *grins* Can you imagine? The horror of having to live the teen years again .. actually .. I shudder at the thought LOL. I wouldn't want to do those years again . Once was plenty enough. Mostly, I just wish that a few of us hadn't scattered quite so far ... a very few. Maybe 2 or 3 of us. The rest can ... well. You get the picture.

Anyway, I just wanted to say happy birthday, m'dear .. and tell you I love you.
I wish I'd told you while you were still with us.
I hope you knew.

I miss you, girl, more and more as each year passes (has it really been 14 years already?) ... but I miss you especially today.

Rest in peace, my friend.
SK

2 comments:

Paige Lacey said...

Beautiful,.. and bit sad.

She was lucky, as I know I am, to have a friend as lovely and warm-hearted as you.

Zani said...

*hugs you tightly*

Love you Sis.