Followers

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Charleston, oh how I hate you.

I got a new netbook last week, because I'm special. Actually, I got it because my Bri-Bri got one as a gift for helping out a friend and he didn't need it, so he gave it to me. I just like thinking I'm special. So, anyway, it is so cool to be able to take my computer with me when I go places now. I get to lounge on the couch while I'm watchin TV in the evenings now, yay!! It's really nice to have it now while I'm sitting in the hospital waiting room with my daughter and grandfather. Grandma had to have another cardiac cath today. It's her second in as many weeks. Thankfully, they've decided it's not her heart causing her problems .... so that is a big collective sigh of relief from all of us. In the process, grandma has accomplished the impossible. I swore I'd never come back to Charleston again, ever, and I'd done so good for the last 10 years. But, here I am again. I'll probably never find the way out of this God forsaken city of one-way streets. And to add insult to injury, it's been pouring the rain since I left home early this morning. Not just raining .. pouring. Big fat drops of rain pounding on everything. Normally I love rain, but this was blinding rain, in a city I hate driving in already. Yay me!! I guess we'll be returning home soon. The rest of the week I get to work on wedding stuff. Saturday is the day .. we are all going along with the outdoor wedding, even though there has not been a dry day in the last 2 weeks. I guess we all figure that the sheer force of our will is going to keep it from raining on Saturday from 6 to 8. Wish us luck lol!

4 comments:

Paige Lacey said...

Ohmigosh! I love Charleston. But it is rainy and impossibly humid during the summer. I'll keep my fingers crossed that a nice, mild cold front moves in for Saturday. You should probably buy the white and pink bottle of Aqua Net, though. Just in case...

Divine Chaos said...

I'm going to hazard a guess that you mean Charleston, SC ;) I'm talking Charleston, WV .. the capitol .. it's horrid. I hate driving there

Zani said...

Praying for the Grandma.. and for your sanity. I have more hope for the Grandma. lol

I love you bunches!

*hugs n smooches*

Paige Lacey said...

Yes, I meant the South Carolina one. Whoops! Forgot where you're at.

So, how was the wedding?