Followers

Sunday, August 9, 2009

Weddings and babies

I'm so glad the wedding is over. I've reached my quota on going to my hometown for the year. I told mom I'm not coming back until November .. and only then if I can't convince them all to come here for Thanskgiving. They cooked tons .. and I helped! (I know at least one person has to remember that commercial .... am I dating myself there?)


We filled up the fridge .. literally. See?



It's a good thing my mom owns a store. We filled up all the coolers there too. The walk-in cooler was more of a maze-ish hop-through kinda thing.


There were people wandering around all over the lawn, trying to find even a scrap of shade to huddle in.

I think these people were just lurching through the yard looking for water. Or they could have been zombies. I'm not sure.



After the ceremony, the lovely couple had pictures on the bridge. Pretty, huh?


And when it was all over, they were sent off with fireworks ;) The humidity caused the smoke to hang in the air a bit heavier than normal ... but it was still pretty :)


In the midst of all the wedding stuff going on for the last few weeks, we had babies. Well, -we- didn't have them, but our cat did. You remember our cat, right? Ryuuutarunga Argakongatangaflurgle .. yeah .. she had 5 kittens. very cute :)
Here's a couple of 'em. They're 3 weeks old now.


I'm off to bed now, another day of gym torture awaits me tomorrow.

9 comments:

Paige Lacey said...

Well, humid weather or not, that's a beautiful site for a wedding! The pics are gorgeous. And the kitten is adorable. You're so blessed.

BellaDaddy said...

Very cool post and even cooler pics..."awwwwww" comes to mind!

Kudos!

Irish Gumbo said...

Zombies, yeah, I'm pretty sure that's it. Just look at them!

Nice pics, my dear :)

Captain Dumbass said...

Wedding zombies, they're the new drunk uncle.

Divine Chaos said...

Paige - Isn't it just? That's mom's front yard. I love their farm, it's gorgeous. and yes, yes I am very blessed *smiles*

BellaDaddy - Thanks for coming by!!

Irish!!! So glad you dropped by. These were a special brand of zombies .. instead of muttering "braiiiinnnssss" they were saying "waaaattteeerrrr"

Cptn Dumbass - hmm drunk uncle or wedding zombie .. I'm really not sure which would be worse lol .. a combination of the two could be funny though =)

Unknown said...

Very funny. Enjoyed the photos. Was she really a bridezilla?

Divine Chaos said...

Thanks for popping by, Jeve! I love the combined name there *grins* Yes, she was a Bridezilla .. not like those redneck Jerry Springer Bridezillas on TV, though. We were all threatening to strangle her, but not quite to the point that we were entertaining the idea of actually making good on the threats :p

PainEqualsWisdom said...

Are you sure tthat the zombies didnt sneak in for the food? :)

Divine Chaos said...

they may have come for the food, but they were crying for water before it was over lol ..