Followers

Friday, October 23, 2009

How To Make A Punk Rock Princess

So, how do we make a punk rock princess?  I'm not quite sure how we do it.  I'm just thrilled that Pookie didn't want to be a cat, or a fairy ... again.

So, I figure we'll start with this old slip from one of my formals back in the day.



Then, we'll add a little of this. Isn't that cute?  We found it at Goodwill for less than $1.



then maybe a splash of this gauze stuff, which we grabbed at the Dollar Tree where everything's $1.  I love that store lol.  The gauze was from the little "fairy skirt" costumes they had.  Three of them for $3.  We've since decided we probably won't use that black shirt, which we dug out of the recessess of my closet.


then we have some pink hair extensions ($1) which I'm not sure we're going to use now that I've had another thought. Ohhh and the glow-sticks ($1).  I have plans for those glow-sticks. 

Ya know, this inundation of thoughts is giving me a little headache, right behind my eyes.   Or it could be my sinuses rebelling against the drastic weather changes.  I'm blaming Halloween though.


then, we have these lovely clunky looking boots.  They were the best I could do on short notice.  I have a request in Freecycle for some combat boots, but just in case, we found these at Goodwill for $3.



and then we'll top it off with this little make-up kit ($3) that looks kinda punky and figure out something to do with the little party favor tiara combs ($1).




I'm planning to spend another $6 for some temporary hair dye, so that will bring our grand total to $19 for this costume.  By far, the cheapest one we've ever had ;)
Stay tuned, I'll post our progress as we go ;)
I already have my ideas for what we're gonna do with all this stuff, but any suggestions will be evaluated, perhaps scoffed at, most definitely giggled about, and then perhaps even used ;)














6 comments:

Sass said...

You know what is the most cool about that costume?

And maybe this is just me being all smooshy and sentimental...

But, the conversations that could have been had about some of those items. ;)

Can't wait to see how it looks!

BootSector said...

Am holding my breathe reading this and have a blissful sigh at the end.

Only a shred of pink.
Thank God.

Just give it up hon...
She'll be gorgeous whatever ya do !

Anonymous said...

What a cool idea! She's going to look awesome! My girls have never wanted to be anything girly, not even a punk rock princess. : ( This year one is going as the grim reaper... she wants to smear fake blood on her scythe. *sigh*

Irish Gumbo said...

Don't forget to cut her hair with a weedwhacker and give her a chainsaw a la Wendy O. Williams of The Plasmatics.

On second thought...maybe not. Carry on, my dear :)

Captain Dumbass said...

My boys decided to wear the same ratty torn up Spider Man costumes they wore last year.

That Janie Girl said...

I love the pink eyelashes! I wanna see!