Followers

Thursday, October 29, 2009

Random Thursday

My BFF, Chica, posted a link on her wall on facebook for a group called "To Write Love On Her Arms."  It's a depression awareness group.  I'm all for making people aware, so I joined too.  You're supposed to write "Love" on your arm, take a picture, and post it, for the awareness thing, and to show that there is support and help for those that need it.   So, I did.   I used dry erase markers, thinking that they would wash off easier than a Sharpie.  I wrote "love" on my arm in big bubble letters and colored them red, then outlined with green and blue .. lame, but it was the best I could do at the time.  




Anyway, I didn't wash it off  because, honestly, I forgot it was there, and I went to bed.   Well, I was correct in my assumption that dry erase markers come off easier.  Where my arm was bent while I slept, the color transferred from my forearm to my upper arm and at some point to my pillows, sheets, comforter, and somehow my thigh. 

There's a lot of love in that bed. 



Speaking of Facebook.  I was playing one of the games.  This game has a 1 minute time limit to get as many points as you can .. and I've been competing with a few friends.  Well, I was playing while waiting for Pookie to get out of the shower and all of a sudden the little "Publish" window popped up in my face.  It said "Where has the time gone?  Kay just played 40 complete games in a row!" 

How's it gonna call me out like that?  It might as well have popped up a message that said, "You're young-ish, single , it's a Friday night and you're at home playing Bejeweled.  You. Are. The. Weakest. Link.   Goodbye."

On to the Pookster's costume.  I probably won't post anymore pics until Friday night after I drop her off at the dance.  She is gonna look too cute though.  I was talkin to my baby sister (who is 18), who says that it looks "very retro."   I'm thinking my love of Cyndi Lauper back in the day has something to do with that, 'cause it really is shaping up to look very Cyndi. 

4 comments:

BellaDaddy said...

OK, so Cool...."lots of love in that bed"...indeed (LOL)...and hey, Kudos on the art, looked GREAT! And, such a great idea!

Captain Dumbass said...

Should have gone with the Sharpie.

Chica tha Freaka! said...

I'm loving it!
Ya did good!
My little Cptn Jack is feeling a little better, the Swine Flu sux!
I'm almost back to normal, or as close to normal as I've ever been!
love ya!

Divine Chaos said...

Ya know, Chica, I'm SO not calling you "Goddess" LOL .. Glad my Boy is feeling better .. and you too:) had me worried when the doc wouldn't see you right away. Love ya bunches! Smooches to Cptn Jack from his other mother, too ;)