Followers

Monday, November 9, 2009

Welcome to our Kitchen ... May the Forks Be With You.

There is an intruder in my house. He snuck inside in the dead of night, and has been living behind the dresser in my bedroom. I can hear him back there, digging into the carpet, scritch scratching on the wall. But I never see him. I've peeked over the dresser but wasn't tall enough to see into the corner. I balanced on the corner of the bed and tried to stretch across to get a look back there .. and even held my camera over the edge and snapped a picture (which gave me a great pic of the back of the TV), but still can't see him. So, I'm assuming it's a mousie .. but can't be positive. I attempted to sic the cats on him, but they were clueless. I'm waiting for him to make his way to the kitchen .. I have a big barbecue fork in there for to stab him with. Of course then I'd have to throw it away ... and that would be gross. Ew. Ok, maybe I'll just chase him outside. The grandparents are comin today. They are going to help me with my critter problem. That should be circus lol

Since Thanksgiving is upon us soon, I thought I'd share a dessert recipe with ya. It's really really simple. You can make this from scratch, or you can use the pre-made cookie dough. It's good either way.

You'll need sugar cookie dough, chocolate chip cookie dough, peanutbutter cookie dough. When you make each one from scratch, you end up with twice as much as you actually need, so you'd have enough left to make individual cookies as well.

If you buy the pre-made stuff you'll need 2 small rolls (or 1 tub) of sugar cookies, 2 small rolls of peanut butter, and 2 small rolls of chocolate chip (or 1 tub).

Layer the sugar cookies first (they make the best kind of crust) by pressing into the bottom of a greased 9 x 13 cake pan (I use a glass one). Press peanut butter cookie dough on top of the sugar cookie. Chocolate chip dough is always last and you just drop chunks of it across the top instead of pressing it like the other layers.

Bake at 350 for 30 to 45 minutes (it takes around 40 in my oven) until middle is done. Let cool for about 15 minutes and then drizzle melted chocolate chips over the entire thing.

It is a very rich dessert, I can't take more than a couple bites of one of the bars lol .. but it's good!!

4 comments:

BellaDaddy said...

Um, er, ahem...YUMM!!!

stinkypaw said...

Hope you find your critter, and this dessert recipe reads sweet!

Paige Lacey said...

Oh my gosh! I got a cavity just reading that recipe. Love the semi-sweet drizzle, though! Yum!

Zani said...

My teeth hurt just reading that recipe. I have to try it soon!

Love you Sis!
*smooches*