Followers

Friday, November 7, 2008

Demon Kitteh

Our little Tiger kitteh got her first bath the other day. She's just a little bit of nothing, but looks can be deceiving. As soon as I turned on the water, this cute furry purr-box that fits in the palm of my hand turned into half a pound of wet, screeching, gremlin-like fury .. her claws multiplied, and I was expecting to see little furballs popping off of her and turning into more and more ferocious kittens. She can be in about 72 places all at the same time when you add water. I had to grab her repeatedly, peeling her off of my arms, shoulders, and legs repeatedly, and try to hold her down while I soaped her all up, which was no small feat.

I may be a bit of a masochist, but even I don't randomly give cats baths just for fun. I had no choice about this one 'cause the little furball was covered with fleas. I tried to calm her down and talk all nice to her, but she wasn't having any of it. Surprisingly, it's kinda hard to talk calmly through gritted teeth while you're bleeding from pretty much every unprotected bit of flesh and trying to pry the itteh bitteh kitteh off your scalp.

We managed to survive the ordeal. I wrapped her up like a burrito in a towel, more for my safety than her warmth, and then made a little place for her to calm down on my bed, on the heating pad. When she finally quit fighting and glaring at me, she fell asleep in the warm little spot .. and turned back into the purr-box instead of the flailing demon kitty.

Unfortunately, I didn't get all the fleas and we get to do this again ... as soon as all my battle scars heal. yay?

0 comments: