Followers

Monday, November 17, 2008

To Clean or not to Clean

I decided a few weeks ago that I wanted to move the entertainment center. Of course, in order to move it to the other side of the room, pretty much everything in the house had to be moved. The desk has found a place in the dining room to be used as a craft table. The kitchen table is now my daughter's desk. The couches, end tables and coffee table all had to be moved as well, which opens up a huge space in the living room for me to do yoga and belly dancing without danger of nearly killing myself on the coffee table .... again. The bunk beds had to be moved out of my daughter's room, so we could move the unused dresser into the dining room to hold crafting supplies .... all so I could move the entertainment center. Yay?

On the upside, the house is finally put back together and cleaned up now after all my little hurricanes left. Pookie was supposed to be cleaning her play room, but she tends to wander off to Pookie's world when she goes in there. It's infuriating really. I finally decided to try giving her a choice. Either clean the play room or clean the storage room. She chose the storage room .. and did a bang-up job on it. So, I figured that wasn't horrible enough. Next choice, the play room or the bathroom. The bathroom is now sparkly. So, play room or living room. The living room is neat and tidy now. *hrms* Ok .. play room or dining room. Now, the dining room not only has a dining room table, but it's also the craft center of the house. Tons and tons of crafty type supplies piled all over the craft table, as well as the dining room table .. yards of yarn, billions of beads, markers, paints, crayons, glue, glitter, etc. etc. .... It's now very neat and orderly *blinks* Last resort, the play room or scrubbing the kitchen floor on her hands and knees with a scrub brush.

Well ... the playroom is still a disaster, but the kitchen floor is very clean. *sighs* I've run out of ideas. So, gotta be the mean mom now. She has to do the play room, tonight. There is nothing else to clean ..... of course there -will- be a ton of laundry to fold by the time she gets home .. I'll have to ponder that.

0 comments: