Followers

Sunday, February 22, 2009

Diet Bloggy Day (or, no, I don't want that donut, I'll just be over here torturing the cat)

The theme for Sundays has been changed, without notice, 'cause it's kinda my blog and I can do that :-)

Nyxie and I have decided to do the diet/exercise thing together, 'cause we both do better when we have a partner in torture ... er, someone to be accountable to. So, Sundays will be for a progress blog. If any of you would like to join in and do a diet/exercise/fitness post on Sundays with us, please feel free. If you let me know, I'll make a whole little Diet Bloggy sidebar link so we can cheer for each other, 'cause who wouldn't like their own personal cheering section? Plus, it's a great way to get new ideas!

I'm so not posting my starting weight, but I will post how much I've lost each week, and what my schedule is like. For now, because I just started a week ago and am so pathetically out of shape it's laughable ... I've started slow with just doing crunches throughout the day and counting calories for the last week.

I need to up my exercise every week until I have enough activity going on throughout the day to keep me on an even keel now that my chemistry is all back to normal without the nicotine, but with the horrid out-of-shapedness I have going on, I have to start out like this --

Calorie count -
Hovering around 1000/day, give or take 100.

Coming week's exercise schedule -
20 minute Tai Chi
30 wall pushups
130 crunches (up by 10 each day to 200 by end of week) throughout the day.

My short term goal is to lose 20 pounds by the last day of March.

My long-term exercise plan goal will look something like this:

Aerobics - 90 minutes at least 4 days a week.
Walking - 10 miles 5 days a week.
Tai Chi - At least 20 minutes every day, and 1 hour at least 2 days a week.

For anyone that has not tried Tai Chi, not only is it great for working every single muscle group, it is an absolutely wonderful de-stresser. I like to do it first thing in the morning for the wake-up stretch and last thing at night before bed.

Pounds lost from February 15: 7.2 pounds

2 comments:

Tempestuous said...

My kitties giggle at me then run for cover when I do tai chi.. *sighs*

I'll cheer for ya lots Sis! :)

Anonymous said...

does driving to and from work count as exercise ?
i mean they go f1 and everything....
Plus i am against taxis, buses and bikers.

Come on...
it got to burn some calories.